Cary, NC Area Guide for Wake County Residents
Considered the seventh largest municipality in North Carolina, this Wake County community is a rising star in the Triangle area.
Cary, which was ranked the fifth fastest growing municipality in the United States between September 2006 and September 2007, has plenty to offer interested home buyers.
From its location near Research Triangle Park to its excellent community amenities, this is an outstanding place to call home!
Why Historians Love Cary, NC
This community began in 1750 as a settlement called Bradford’s Ordinary.
Then, about a century later, the construction of the North Carolina Railroad between New Bern and Hillborough helped fuel its growth.
The community grew over time and was later renamed Cary after Samuel Fenton Cary (a former Ohio congressman and prohibitionist whom one of the founders of the town admired).
In its early years, the town adopted zoning and other ordinances to help control growth and give the town structure. It even created Planned Unit Development zoning in 1971 to assist with this.
That’s why today, it is considered a top-notch community is terms of development planning. In fact, it serves as an example for other communities who wish to emulate this smart growth.
Why Employers Love Cary
There are several notable businesses that have chosen to call Cary, NC home. Some of these businesses include:
- American Airlines – Major U.S airline with reservation center in Cary.
- Cotton Incorporated – Industry trade-group.
- Caterpillar Inc – Building Construction Products (BCP) division.
- Deere & Company – Lawn care and turf products Manufacturing.
- Deutsche Bank Global Technologies – Support operations for Deutsche Bank AG.
- Dex One – Directory and mailing list publisher
- Epic Games – Video game developer
- Kellogg – multinational food manufacturing company with plant in Cary.
Broken down further, here are the top employers in the town, according to the Town's 2009 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report:
- SAS Institute
- Cary Towne Center
- Town of Cary
- American Airlines Reservation Center
- Charles River Laboratories
- Deere & Company
- Global Knowledge
Why Students Love Cary
Cary Public Schools, which were established in the late 19th century, are now a part of the Wake County Public School System, which is the largest school system in the state.
Some of the high-achieving schools that serve students who live in town include:
- Cary High School
- Green Hope High School
- Middle Creek High School
- Panther Creek High School
- Davis Drive Middle School
- East Cary Middle School
- Mills Park Middle School
- Reedy Creek Middle School
- West Cary Middle School
- Adams Elementary School
- Alston Ridge Elementary School
- Briarcliff Elementary School
- Carpenter Elementary School
- Cary Elementary School
- Davis Drive Elementary School
- Farmington Woods Elementary School
Of course, there are also several private schools in the community as well, including:
- Cary Academy
- Cary Christian School
- Grace Christian School
- Hopewell Academy
- Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School
Why Outdoor Enthusiasts Love Cary
Talk about natural beauty! Cary is home to several outstanding public parks that offer plenty of gorgeous views and peaceful nooks to relax and enjoy the day. These include:
- MacDonald Woods Park
- Walnut Street Park
- Fred G. Bond Metropolitan Park
- Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve
There are also specialty parks in the area as well, such as Cary Tennis Park, Koka Booth Amphitheatre at Regency Park and Sk8 Cary Skate Park
And for the golfer in your family, there are three golf clubs to choose from:
- Lochmere Golf Club
- Prestonwood Country Club
- MacGregor Downs Country Club
Why Families Love Cary
This community hosts a number of fabulous cultural events throughout the year, which attract families from all over the region.
These events include:
- Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival
- Spring Daze Arts & Crafts Festival
- Cary Diwali Celebration - Festival of Light
- Ritmo Latino Music, Art and Dance Festival
- NC Eid Festival
- Cary Band Day
It’s Time to Make Cary, NC Your Home
Doesn’t this sound like a wonderful community? If you agree, we invite you to contact us at The Sandy Edwards Team.
We would love to further assist you by telling you about available Cary home listings as well as providing you such valuable resources as our buying guide and relocation package.
List Your Home Now In Cary!
And please make sure to also connect with us if you’re interested in listing your current home on the local housing market in Cary.
We will take the time to meet with you and discuss your options as a home seller. We will also provide a free home evaluation, which will ultimately help set the list price for your property.